Fire Area Closure
Incident: Pony Complex Wildfire
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
BOISE NATIONAL FOREST
MOUNTAIN HOME RANGER DISTRICT
Note: Portions of the Elk Fire Area Closure also apply to the Pony Complex.
Elk Fire – Version #1
For Public Safety
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50 (a) and (b), the following act is prohibited on all lands as described in this order, within the Mountain Home Ranger District, Boise National Forest. This order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
1. Going into or being upon the area as described in this order. 36 CFR 261.52(e)
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this order;
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty; and
3. Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
The Elk Fire Closure Area is described as all National Forest System (NFS) lands (including all roads and trails within the area) beginning at the intersection of forest roads 164 and 134 in Township 1 South, Range 8 East, Section 24 and continuing north along road 134 to the junction with forest road 113; continuing northeast along road 113 to the junction with forest road 123; continuing south along the northern shore of Anderson Ranch Reservoir to the junction with forest road 128; continuing north along road 128 to the junction with forest highway 61 at Pine; continuing north along highway 61 (but not including highway 61) to the junction with forest road 172; continuing west along road 172 to the junction with forest road 129 and continuing west approximately 1,000’ to the East Fork of Roaring River; continuing northwest along the East Fork of Roaring River to the junction with forest trail 122 (William Pogue Trail); continuing west along trail 122 to the junction with forest road 268; continuing southwest along road 268 (but not including road 268) to Willow Creek Campground, crossing the Middle Fork of the Boise River; continuing on the south side of the Middle Fork of the Boise River to the junction with Arrowrock Reservoir, located in Township 4 N, Range 6 East, Section 29; continuing west along the south side of Arrowrock Reservoir to the forest boundary; continuing south and east along the forest boundary to forest road 164; continuing east along road 164 to the junction with forest road 134, back to the beginning point, as depicted on the attached map.
Forest Road 268 (Middle Fork Boise River Road) and Forest Highway 61 are open to travel.
The above described Area (including all roads and trails within the area) are located on National Forest System lands within the administrative and proclaimed boundaries of the Mountain Home Ranger District, Boise National Forest, Elmore County, Idaho, Boise Meridian.
The area as described above has ongoing wildfire activity (Elk Creek Fire). This area is closed for public safety and protection from hazards associated with wildfire.
1. This order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this order.
3. Violation of the above prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual, or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. 16 U.S.C. §551; 18 U.S.C. §§ 3571(b)(6), 3581 (b)(7).
4. This order supersedes any previous order(s) prohibiting the same, or similar acts prohibited by this order in the areas (and/or roads, trails) covered by this order.
5. Further information regarding this order may be obtained at the Mountain Home Ranger District located in Mountain Home, ID, telephone number (208) 587-7961, and at the Boise National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Boise, ID, telephone number (208) 373-4100.
Done at Boise, Idaho this 9th day of August, 2013.
David R. Olson for
CECILIA R. SEESHOLTZ
Boise National Forest
Order Number: 0402-01-49