Wild & Scenic Rogue River Float Restrictions for 8/22/13
Incident: Big Windy Complex Wildfire
The Rogue River re-opened to commercial and public floating with the following restrictions (see map):
1. All river transit from Grave Creek to Mule Creek must be accomplished in no more than two days.
2. Montgomery Creek to Horseshoe Bend is a pass through area with no stopping or camping except for lodging at Black Bar Lodge and camping at Horseshoe Bend (on the north side of the river).
3. On the portion of river from Horseshoe Bend to Winkle Bar there will be no stopping or camping on the south side of the river. Stopping is allowed on the north side of the river; camping for one (1) night duration is also allowed on the north side.
4. The portion of the river from Winkle Bar to Quail Creek is a pass through area with no stopping or camping.
5. Scouting of rapids will be allowed within pass through areas. No other onshore activities will be allowed in the pass through areas.
6. The portion of river from Grave Creek boat ramp to Montgomery Creek and Quail Creek to Foster Bar will have no other restrictions.
7. River closures can be re-activated when fire conditions or suppression operations require. This could occur during a Haines 6 rating, burn-out operations along river, complexity of helicopter operations along river, and any other time conditions or operations warrant.
8. No campfires, gas and propane stoves only for cooking.
9. The Rogue River Trail from Grave Creek to Rogue River Ranch and all road closures remain in effect. Rainie Falls Trail is open for day use only – no camping or campfires.
10. The decision to close the river will be made at the discretion of the Grants Pass Resource Area Field Manager in consultation and coordination with IMT.
11. Helicopters will be dipping buckets into the river near Whisky Creek and Winkle Bar. Personnel will be stationed at these sites to provide for safety and to manage river traffic.