Lewis and Clark National Forest Closure Order 2013 - 4
Incident: Red Shale Wildfire
LEWIS AND CLARK NATIONAL FOREST Rocky Mountain Ranger District Choteau, Montana
Order No. LCNF-2013-4
TRAIL CLOSURE DUE TO WILDFIRE ACTIVITY
Pursuant to 16 USC 551, Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations 261.50 (a) and (b), the following restriction is in effect on the Lewis and Clark National Forest until December 1, 2013 unless trails are opened earlier.
36 CFR 261.55- National Forest System Trails: Being on the trail. Title 36, CFR 261.55a
It is prohibited to be upon any trail which is closed by Forest Supervisor's Order.
For the purpose of protecting public safety, it is prohibited to travel on the following trails listed below and shown on the attached map due to wildfire activity:
• Trail #130- Red Shale Creek Trail: from its junction with Trail #111 to the Continental Divide/junction with Trail #174.
• Trail #108-Route Creek (from jet. #117 to jet. #110)
• Trail #110-North Fork Sun River (from pack bridge to Sun River Pass).
• Trail #111-Rock Creek
• Trail #116-Open Fork
• Trail #117-Washboard Reef (from jet. #108 to jet. #110)
• Trail #125-Moose Ridge Lookout Trail
• Trail #130-Red Shale
• Trail #132-Moonlight Peak
• Trail #151-North Fork Lick Cr.
• Trail #162-Gates Creek
• Trail #163-Ray Creek Cut-off
• Trail #166-Gates-Moose Cr.
• Trail #174-North Wall Trail
• Trail #175-Wall Trail
• Trail #194-Rock Cr.-Moose Cr.
This Order rescinds the earlier trail closure special order# LCNF 2013-3. Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50 (e), the following are exempt from this order:
1. Any person with a permit authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Violations of these Prohibitions are punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. [16 U.S.C. 551, and 18 U.S.C. 3559 and 3571]