Some Evacuations Lifted on The Mountain Fire
Incident: Mountain Wildfire
Press Release: Mountain Fire Update
Agency: Riverside Sheriff's Department/ Riverside Sheriff's Emergency Response Team
Station Area: Hemet Station
Written Date: July 20, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM
Incident Location: Idyllwild
Reporting Officer: Sergeant Lisa McConnell
Update:Riverside County Sheriff Department in cooperation with the CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department/OES is lifting the Evacuation Order for Trails End, Morris Ranch, and Camp Joe Scherman as of 1:00 PM today. Local residents and campers in these affected areas may repopulate.
- An Evacuation Warning remains in place for the community of Pine Cove (est. population of 770).
- The remaining Evacuation Orders, including Idyllwild and Fern Valley, are still in place.
- Residents have been allowed to return to the Apple Canyon and Bonita Vista areas.
- There are no longer road restrictions from Banning to the Nature Center, Highway 243.
- Highway 243 is closed from the Nature Center to Highway 74.
Fire personnel are still present; please use caution when driving in the area.
The Riverside Sheriff's Department is maintaining security patrols of Idyllwild, Pine Cove and surrounding communities.