Forest Order 04-17-13-13
Incident: Carpenter 1 Wildfire
Order Number: 04-17-13-13
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
HUMBOLDT-TOIYABE NATIONAL FOREST
SPRING MOUTAINS NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
Bristlecone Trail, South Loop Trail, North Loop Trail, Griffith Peak Trail, and Wildfire Area Closures
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited on the area, roads, and trails as described in this order, in the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area, Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest during construction activities until this order is rescinded.
It is prohibited to go into or be upon any area which is closed for the protection of:
Public Health or Safety described below.
[36 CFR 261.53(e)]
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e}, each of the following is exempt from this order.
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
C. AREA DESCRIBED
All areas, roads, and trails as described therein: Bristlecone Trail, South Loop Trail, North Loop Trail, Griffith Peak Trail and area as shown on Exhibit A, Map, on the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area, Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest.
The purpose of this order is to protect public health and safety during wildland fire activities.
1. This Special Order implementing Area Closure Restrictions is effective on July 3, 2013 at 17:00 P.M. and shall remain in effect until rescinded.
2. Exhibit A, Map and Exhibit B, Definitions are attached and incorporated into this ORDER.
Violation of these prohibitions is punishable as a class B misdemeanor, by a fine of not more than $5000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for an organization and/or
imprisonment of not more than 6 months [Title 16 USC 551,18 USC 3571(b)(6),
Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
Signed this 3rd day of July 2013, at Sparks, Nevada.
/s/ William Dunkelberger Forest Supervisor, Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
Order Number: 04-17-13-13
(NOTE: Exhibit A map is in the ‘Maps’ area of this Inciweb site)
AREA: Means a discrete, specifically delineated space that is smaller, and in most cases much smaller, than a Ranger District.
NATIONAL FOREST SYSTEM ROAD: Means forest roads other than a road which has been authorized by a legally documented right-of-way held by a State, county or other local public road authority.
NATIONAL FOREST SYSTEM TRAIL: Means forest trails other than a trail which has been authorized by a legally documented right-of-way held by a State, county or other local public road authority.
DESIGNATED ROADS AND TRAILS: Those forest development roads and trails which are identified and/or otherwise described on maps regularly provided to the public by Land Management agencies.
MOTOR VEHICLE: Means any vehicle which is self-propelled, other than:
(1) A vehicle operated on rails; and
(2) Any wheelchair or mobility device, including one that is battery-powered, that is designed solely for use by a mobility-impaired person for locomotion and that is suitable for use in an indoor pedestrian area.
For further definitions or clarification of definitions, refer to Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations 261.2