Doce Fire Closure
Incident: Doce Fire Wildfire
See attached order and map
Order Number: 09-213
DOCE FIRE TEMPORARY CLOSURE AREA
PRESCOTT NATIONAL FOREST
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. 551, and 36 CFR § 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited on all National Forest System lands within the Prescott National Forest, in Yavapai County in the state of Arizona. The restricted area is depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A.
1. Going into or being upon the restricted area. 36 CFR § 261.53(e)
2. Being on roads in the restricted area. 36 CFR § 261.54(e)
3. Being on trails in the restricted area. 36 CFR § 261.55(a)
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e) the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a Forest Service permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State or Local Officer, or member of an organized firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
The Order applies to National Forest System lands, trails and roads in the Prescott National Forest as described: Beginning at the intersection of Williamson Valley Road (CR 5) and Iron Springs Road (CR10) then going north on Williamson Valley Road (eastside of closure) to Fair Oaks Road (CR 67). The Order includes all National Forest System lands running south along Fair Oaks Road continuing west to the junction of Tonto Road (CR 66). The western boundary continues south along Tonto Road (CR 66) to Iron Springs Road (CR10) until it intersects with the Forest boundary Township 14 North, Range 4 West to the Northwest corner of section 12 then going south along the boundary to the intersection of Forest Road (FR) 47B, then continuing eastward along FR 47B to Skyline Drive (CR 120) then connecting back to Iron Springs Road. The southern boundary ends where Iron Springs Road (CR 10) intersects back with Williamson Valley Road. The closure includes all trails and trailheads within and leading into the Granite Mountain Wilderness.
This Order is necessary to protect public health and safety due to fire operations within the Doce Fire area.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until July 31, 2013 or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. This Order rescinds, replaces and supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in that area described in Exhibit A.
3. This Order adds additional restrictions to Order Number 04-11-01-S.
Done at Prescott, Arizona, this 19 day of June, 2013.
/s/ Thomas A. Torres 6/19/2013
THOMAS A. TORRES
Acting Forest Supervisor
Prescott National Forest
Violation of this Order is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for individuals, and $10,000.00 for organizations and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months,. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3885, Title 18 USC 3571, and Title 18 USC 3581].