Trail Closures in The Park
Incident: Big Meadows Wildfire
To ensure public and fire-fighter safety , there are currently seven trails that are temporarily closed in the area: the Onahu Trail, the Green Mountain Trail, the lower Tonahutu Trail, the Tonahutu Spur Trail, the Grand Lake Lodge Spur Trail, the Timber Lake Trail and the trail which branches toward Mount Ida from Milner Pass. Trail closures do affect a section of the Continental Divide Trail that passes through the park.
These closures constitute 30 miles of trail closures out of the 355 miles of trails in Rocky Mountain National Park, which is only 8% of available trails closed. This leaves 92% of trails remaining for visitors to enjoy.
All major roads and facilities in Rocky Mountain National Park are open as are the neighboring communities of Grand Lake and Estes Park.