Okanogan Complex Fire Update September 29, 2012
Incident: Okanogan Complex Wildfire
Evacuation levels were reduced Friday to level 1 for the North and South Forks of Gold Creek and to level 2 for the Middle Fork on the Buckhorn Fire.
Road Closures have been lifted on the North Fork and portions of South Fork Gold Creek roads.
Incident Commanders expect today to be the last full scale operational period for the Okanogan Complex. Firefighters are in the final stages of mop-up and are working to repair disturbance caused by fire suppression activities.
The demobilization process is underway. Firefighting resources excess to the needs of the Okanogan Complex are returning home or being assigned to other fires.
Fire danger remains high. Campfires are prohibited except in designated campgrounds or in the Pasayten and Lake Chelan-Sawtooth Wilderness.
- Leecher Fire: 1,320 acres - 90% contained
- Hunter Fire: 211 acres - 95% contained no fire activity was observed Friday on the Hunter Fire.
- Buckhorn Fire: 4,638 acres - 75% contained
- - Phone: 509-997-0568
- - Website: www.inciweb.org/incident/3261
- - Air Quality: http://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/enviwa/default.ltr.aspx
- - Fire Photos & Maps: http://okanogancomplex.wordpress.com/
Beginning Monday, please refer to local Ranger District offices for fire, recreation and closure information:
Chelan Ranger District: 509-682-4900
Cle Elum Ranger District: 509-852-1100
Entiat Ranger Distict: 509-784-1511
Methow Valley Ranger District: 509-996-4003
Naches Ranger District: 509-653-1401
Tonasket Ranger District: 509-486-2186
Wenatchee River Ranger District: 509-548-2550
Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Headquarters: 509-664-9200