Forest Service Road Closure
Incident: Ward Wildfire
Forest Service Road Closure Order No. 14-12-03
An emergency Forest Service road closure is being implemented to protect public and firefighter safety during the Ward Fire on the Shasta-Trinity National forest. The area will be closed to ensure that the public does not enter into an area that is currently threatened by fire or where suppression rehabilitation efforts may be ongoing. The roads will be closed due to hazardous conditions, such as low visibility, dust, narrow and windy road conditions and increased fire operations traffic.
Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Mount Shasta and McCloud Ranger Districts of the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. This Order is effective from September 12, 2012 until the Ward Fire has been fully suppressed. The closed area described in this order will be consistently evaluated and modified based on fire behavior and fire operations in the affected areas.
1. Being on Forest Road 39N13 from Township 38N, Range 4W, Section 36, NW ¼, as shown on Exhibit A. 36 CFR 261.54(e).
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Owners or lessees of private land in the Ward Fire Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their land.
4. Persons who reside on private land in the Ward Fire Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their residences.
5. Persons engaged in a business, trade, or occupation in the Ward Fire Closure Area.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions found in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.
A copy of the official forest order and road closure map can be viewed at InciWeb: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3260/ .