Area Openings in Gallatin National Forest
Incident: Millie Fire Wildfire
Bozeman, MT... Several areas of the Gallatin National Forest have been re-opened for recreational activities; however visitors are encouraged to be aware of Millie Fire suppression operations, especially helicopter activity that may be on-going in these areas.
The following roads and trails are now OPEN:
All roads and trails in the Hyalite drainage are open with the following exceptions:
- History Rock Trail 424 is open to the divide, but closed on the West side of the divide
- Blackmore Trail 423 is open to the divide, but closed on the West side of the divide
- Main Fork Hyalite Trail 427 is open to Hyalite Peak. At the junction of 427 with Storm Castle Trail 185, Trail 185 is closed at the Divide.
- All trails and access from the divide into South Cottonwood is closed due to fire activity and helicopter activity.
The following campgrounds are now open:
- -Hood Creek
The following cabins are now open:
- -Window Rock
The following CLOSURES remain:
Hyalite reservoir is closed to all water craft due to continued helicopter activity. Fishing and swimming is allowed along the shoreline.
- -Access remains closed at Little Bear, South Cottonwood, Storm Castle and Line Creek Trailheads
- Little Bear, Fox Creek and Garnet Cabins remain closed.
- -Spire Rock Campground is closed.
For more information, please contact the Millie Fire Information line at (406) 522-2537 and online at http://www.inciweb.org/.