Expanded Closure Area
Incident: East Fork Wildfire
EAST FORK FIRE
AREA CLOSURE EXPANDED DUE TO FIRE ACTIVITY
Tuesday, September 14, 2012-Due to yesterday's fire growth on the East Fork Fire, forest officials have expanded the area closure order to provide for public safety and additional resource protection. Below is the area closure description, including the newly expanded area description, along with the trail closures that remain in effect.
· Area Closure Description: From and including the Dry Creek Trailhead at the junction of Beaver Creek Road #4106 and Trail #483 in T15N R10W Section 17; north along Trail #483 to the Helena National Forest boundary starting in T15N R10W Section 17 to Daly Peak in T16 R10W Section 34; along the ridgeline from Daly Peak north to Bugle Mtn in T17N R10W Section 14 and ridgeline continuing to Mainline Trail #481; continuing south of Mainline Trail #481 (allowing for travel on Trail #481) to the Wilderness Boundary in T16N R8W Section 33; continuing along the Wilderness Boundary in T16N R8W Section 32 to ridgeline connecting to Copper Creek Roads #330 in T15N R8W Section 5 continuing north of Copper Creek Road #330 allowing for travel on Road #330) to end of road T15N R9W Section 10; following drainage through T15N R9W Section 9 to ridge in T15N R9W Sections 17 & 8; following ridge in T15N R9W Section 8 to junction of ridge system in T15N R9W in Section 7 following south along ridge through Section 18 to junction with Beaver Creek Road #4106 in T15N R10W Section 25; following north of Beaver Creek Road #4106 (allowing for travel on road #4106) to the Dry Creek Trailhead in T15N R10W Section 17. ·Expanded Area Closure Description: Mainline #481 at Webb Lake Administrative Cabin T16N R9W Section 14; following north to ridgeline in T16N R9W Section 11; following across and including the Middle Fork Trail #479 to the ridgeline/knob on the section corners of T16N R9W PB39, PB40, 9 and 10; following across Blondie Creek and Scotty Creek to ridgeline/knob in T16N R9W Section 8; following and including the Twin Lakes trail #425.
- Arrastra/Porcupine Basin Trail #482: entire trail of both beginning in T15N R10W Section 25 and T15N R10W Section 23;
- Dry Creek/Meadow Creek Trail #483: from the beginning in T15N, R10W, Section 17 to the junction of Mainline Trail #481 in T16N R9W Section 8;
- Bugle Meadow Cut-Across Trail #480: entire trail beginning at Meadow Lake T16N R9W Section 18 and ending in T16N R10W Section 1;
- Sourdough Trail #427: entire trail beginning in T16N R9W Section 8 at junction of Mainline Trail #481
No structures are threatened, but smoke remains visible from various locations in and around the Lincoln area. For more information, visit Inciweb at http://www.inciweb.org/ or call Kathy Bushnell at 422-7164.