New Closure Order for North Pass Fire 08-12-16
Incident: North Pass Wildfire
ORDER NO. 08-12-16
AREA, ROAD & TRAIL CLOSURE
MENDOCINO NATIONAL FOREST
Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Mendocino National Forest. This Order is effective from September 18, 2012, until the North Pass Fire is fully suppressed.
1. Going into or being upon the National Forest System lands within the North Pass Fire Closure Area as shown on the attached map. The North Pass Fire Closure Area begins where Forest Road FH7 intersects the Covelo District Boundary by the Eel River Workstation, conitnues east along Forest Roas FH7 to the southern boundary of Section 27 in Township 23 North, Range 11 West (Mt. Diablo Base and Merdian), then east along the section line to the intersection with Forest Road M4, then north along Forest Road M4 to its intersection with Forest Road 23N69, then north to the Covelo District Boundary, then north along the Covelo District Boundary to its intersection with Forest Road 23N39, then due west to the eastern boundary of Section 6 in Township 23 North, Range 10 West, then north along the section line to the northeast corner of Section 21, Township 24 North, Range 10 West, then west to the Middle Fork Eel River, then north along the Middle Fork Eel River to the boundary of Township 24 North, then west along the boundary of Township 24 North to the northeast corner of Section 4 in Township 24 North, Range 11 West, then south along the section line to the southeast corner of Section 9 in Township 24 North, Range 11 West, then west to the Covelo District Boundary, then south along the Covelo District Boundary to the starting point. 36 CFR 261.52(e).
2. Being on any National Forest System road within the North Pass Fire Closure Area as shown on the attached map, with the excpetion of Forest Roads M1, 24N39, and 24N21. 36 CFR 261.54(e). 3. Being on any National Forest System trail within the North Pass Fire Closure Area, as shown on the attached map. 36 CFR 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
2. Owners or lessees of land in the Fire Closure Area, to the extent necessary access their land.
3. Residents in the Fire Closure Area, to the extent necessary to access their residences.
4. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both. 16 USC 551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in Willows, California, this 17th day of September 2012.
/s/ Sherry A. Tune
Mendocino National Forest
This Order superceds Order No. 08-12-15, dated September 14, 2012