Mustang Complex Emergency Area Closure #04-13-12-534
Incident: Mustang Complex Wildfire
Order Number: 04-13-12-534
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SALMON-CHALLIS NATIONAL FOREST
NORTH FORK RANGER DISTRICT
MUSTANG COMPLEX Emergency Area Closure #7
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (b), the following act is prohibited on the area, roads, and trails as described in this order, all within the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest until further notice:
1. Going into or being upon the fire area as described below and depicted on the attached map that is closed for the protection of public health or safety. 36 CFR 261.53(e)
EXEMPTIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residents and private inholdings within the described area provided evacuation orders are not in place.
Beginning at the Junction of the Salmon River Road [Forest Road 030] and U.S. Highway 93, northerly along the Forest Boundary east U.S. Highway 93 to the Junction of the Sheep Creek Road [Forest Road 077], then easterly to the road crossing with Sheep Creek in section 13, T25N, R21E, then up Sheep Creek to the confluence with Little Sheep Creek, then proceeding up Little Sheep Creek to the Continental Divide Trail at Morgan Mountain along the Idaho/Montana border and Salmon-Challis National Forest Boundary, east along said State Line to section 5, T25N, R23E, then south along the Idaho/Montana border to the headwaters of Fourth of July Creek in section 8, T24N, R23E, then downstream Fourth of July Creek to the crossing with County Road 071 in section 10, T24N, R22E, then southeasterly to the Junction of County Road 071 with U.S. Highway 93, then north along the Forest Boundary east of U.S. Highway 93 to the point of beginning at the Salmon River Road/Highway 93 junction.
All trails and roads that are within and those that make up the boundaries to this area closure, including the Continental Divide Trail are closed due to the Mustang Complex fires.
The above-described area is within the proclaimed and administrative boundaries of the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest, Lemhi County, Idaho.
This closure is necessary to provide protection to forest visitors from the current fire safety hazards associated with the Mustang Complex Fires.
IMPLEMENTATION: 1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for a individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6)months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in the above-described area.
Done at Salmon, Idaho this 9th day of September, 2012
/S/ Frank V. Guzman
FRANK V. GUZMAN
Salmon-Challis National Forest