Mustang Complex Emergency Area Closure # 04-13-12-533
Incident: Mustang Complex Wildfire
Order Number: 04-13-12-533
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SALMON-CHALLIS NATIONAL FOREST
NORTH FORK RANGER DISTRICT
Emergency Area Closure #6
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (b), the following act is prohibited on the area, roads, and trails as described in this order, all within the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest until further notice:
1. Going into or being upon the fire area as described below and depicted on the attached map that is closed for the protection of public health or safety. 36 CFR 261.53(e)
EXEMPTIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residents and private inholdings within the described area provided evacuation orders are not in place.
Beginning at the Junction of the Sheep Creek Road [Forest Road 077] and U.S. Highway 93, then northerly along the Forest Boundary east of U.S. Highway 93, to theSalmon-Challis National Forest Boundary at the Idaho/Montana border on the Continental Divide, southeasterly and southerly along said boundary to the headwaters of Little Sheep Creek at Morgan Mountain, then southeasterly down said stream to the confluence with Sheep Creek, then westerly down Sheep Creek to the Forest Road 077 crossing in section 13, T25N, R21E, then westerly down said road to the point of beginning at the Sheep Creek Road and U.S. Highway 93 junction. All trails and roads that are within and those that make up the boundaries to this area closure, including the Continental Divide Trail are closed due to the Mustang Complex fires. The above-described area is within the proclaimed and administrative boundaries of the North Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest, Lemhi County, Idaho.
This closure is necessary to provide protection to forest visitors from the current fire safety hazards associated with the Mustang Complex Fires.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until further notice.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for a individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6)months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in the above-described area.
Done at Salmon, Idaho this 9th day of September, 2012
/S/Frank V. Guzman
FRANK V. GUZMAN
Salmon-Challis National Forest