Forest Closure Announcement
Incident: Shingle Wildfire
Order Number: 0407-12-09
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE
DIXIE NATIONAL FOREST, CEDAR CITY RANGER DISTRICT
FIRE AREA CLOSURE PROHIBITIONS:
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 26!.50(b), the following acts are prohibited in the areas described in this order, on the Cedar City Ranger District, Dixie National Forest until further notice:
I. To go into or be upon any area which is closed for the protection of public health and safety. [Title 36 CFR 261.53(e)]
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempted from the prohibition contained in this Order:
I. Persons with a Forest Service permit specifically authorizing the use that is otherwise prohibited by this Order. [Title 36 CFR 261.50(d)(l)]
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer; or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty. (Title 36 CFR 261.50(e)(4)]
3. Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
AREA DESCRIBED: Closed area entails
· All National Forest System lands, including roads and trails, within the area
bounded by Highway 14 east to Highway 89, south along Highway 89 to the
Forest Boundary, west along the Forest boundary to Shingle Mill Canyon, northwest up Shingle Mill Canyon (FS road 1549) to closed FS road number
3171, north along this road to the Swains Creek road (FS road 060), then northerly along the Swains Creek road to Highway 14.
· Please reference Area Closure Map dated 07/06/12.
This order is temporary and is intended for public safety during wildland fire operations. The closed area described in this order will be consistently evaluated and modified based on fire behavior and fire operations in the affected areas.
Order Number: 0407-12-09
l. This order will be in effect when signed at the point of restriction.
2. A map identifying the roads that may be restricted is attached and made part of this order.
3. Violation of the above prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than
$5,000.00 for an individual, or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18
USC 3571(b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581(b)(7)}.
4. Further information regarding this order may be obtained at the Dixie National
Forest Supervisor's Office in Cedar City, Utah, telephone number (435) 865-
5. This order supersedes any previous order(s) prohibiting the same, or similar acts prohibited by this order on the roads covered by this order.
Done at Cedar City, Utah this 6th day of July 2012.
KEVIN SCHULKOSKI Acting Forest Supervisor Dixie National Forest