Whitewater Fire Closures and Advisory
Incident: Whitewater Baldy Complex Wildfire
May 17, 2012-
The Glenwood, Wilderness and Reserve Ranger Districts are currently experiencing wildfire activity in the Whitewater Canyon near Grouse Mountain.
The following trails are closed to public access:
- Whitewater Creek Trail #207 is closed from the junction with Powerhouse Trail #810 east to the junction with Crest Trail #182.
- Holt Apache Trail #181 is closed from the juction with Deloche/Wynn Canyon Trail #179 to the east.
- Crest Trail #182 is closed from Sandy Point trail head to the junction with Holt Apache Trail #181.
- Bead Springs Trail #138 is closed.
- Iron Creek Trail # 172 is closed.
- Red Stone Trail #206 is closed.
- Grouse Mountain Trail #781 is closed.
Avoidance of all areas surrounding these closures is strongly recommended and caution is advised for the Gila Wilderness.
The Bursum Road (New Mexico State Route 159) is closed from Fanny Springs, approximately 13 miles from Glenwood, to the Junction with Forest System Road 142 (Snow Lake Road).
Expect fire activity in the Gila Wilderness to continue until the monsoon season arrives in approximately mid-July.
Glenwood Ranger District- 575- 539- 2481
Reserve Ranger District- 575-533-6231
Wilderness Ranger District- 575-536-2250