Plumas National Forest Order
Order No. 11-12-13Plumas National ForestChips Fire Emergency Area Closure Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited... more
The Chips Fire information phone line will be disconnected today. For information, please call the local Forest Service office:
Plumas NF Mt. Hough Ranger District (530) 283-0555 or
Lassen NF Almanor Ranger District (530) 258-2141
Resources continue to mop up and patrol 300 feet where accessible. There will be occasional smoke seen within the fire perimeter until a significant amount of rain is received. Resources are working on dozer and handline repair by scattering cut vegetation over the constructed line.
On September 19 the Incident Command Post along Hwy 89 will be gone and management of the Chips Fire will be turned over to the Mt. Hough and Almanor Ranger Districts.
Ranger Districts have begun working on restoration projects and invite interested community members to provide input by contacting the offices listed above. Stay tuned for upcoming community fieldtrips to visit the fire area. Additional information may be found on the websites, www.fs.usda.gov/plumas or www.fs.usda.gov/lassen.
· Seneca Road from Highway 89 is open to residents only of the community of Seneca. Seneca Road is not open to through traffic.
· Caribou Road Belden Forebay (27N60) to Butt Lake Dam.
· Rush Creek Road from Highway 70 is open to residents only.
· All additional secondary roads North of Highway 70 between Caribou Road and Twain from Highway 70.
· Ohio Valley Road and all additional secondary roads west of Highway 89 between Canyon Dam and the Butt Lake Road (305).
· Almanor South Campground on the west shore of Lake Almanor has closed for the season.The Plumas National Forest continues to maintain a Forest Closure within and surrounding the Chips Fire area.
|Date of Origin||Sunday July 29th, 2012 approx. 01:57 AM|
|Location||20 miles NW of Quincy, CA|
|Incident Commander||Rich Simon|
|Estimated Containment Date||Friday August 31st, 2012 approx. 12:00 AM|
Timber (litter and understory) low brush with numerous dead and down logs and standing snags.
Stay tuned to inciweb for updated road and facility information!
Resources will continue to patrol and to conduct suppression repair and backhaul on all areas of the fire.
Total burned acres include: Plumas NF, 48,297 ac; Lassen NF, 18,372 ac; Private Ownership 8,762 ac. Suppression costs to date: $55,000,00